Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grilled Pizza


My husband and I experimented with grilling pizza and absolutely loved it. I like mine covered in veggies, my husband likes meat, and my kids like cheese. We made little individual pizzas for each of our likings with the added benefit of having a smoky flavor in the crust. Here's how to do it:

Prepare all your toppings before your dough is on the grill.
Make your dough. I used a mix to make things easy. Don't use a rolling pin because it will make the dough too thin. It worked the best when I pressed it with my fingers.
Preheat your grill on medium low then put your dough directly on the grate. Pop the bubbles as they form.
When one side is done use tongs to turn.
Quickly put your sauce and toppings on. Don't let the dough burn! Shut the lid and let the cheese melt. If the dough is already cooked, place pizza in the oven on low heat until cheese is melted.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment